MAR-T126 is a high solids, low viscosity copolymer composition that prevents the growth of mold on its cured surface. MAR-T126’s easy-to-apply formulation develops a durable, aesthetic finish that restricts the odors associated with mold and mildew by inhibiting their regrowth on treated surfaces. Upon curing, MAR-T126 is effective in humid and damp areas.
MAR-T126 achieves a tough yet flexible finish to accommodate structural movement without cracking or splitting, thereby maintaining its mold resistant integrity. MAR-T126 has superior adhesion to virtually all construction surfaces, including wood, drywall, plaster, block, concrete, brick and stucco. MAR-T126 is self-priming and is also compatible with steel and aluminum.
MAR-T126 generates a hard, smooth, decorative finish that minimizes the ability of soil accumulation. Surfaces treated with MAR-T126 are resistant to chemicals and water.
- High Solids Low Viscosity Provides for an Easier Application with Greater Coverage
- ‘A’ Flame Spread: ASTM E84
- Superior Adhesion to Virtually All Standard Construction Surfaces
- Self-Priming. Ready-to-Apply Coating
- Smooth Decorative Finish Contains an EPA Registered Broad-Spectrum Fungicide that Resists Mold, Mildew and Chemicals on Cured Film
- Standard Color White. Tints Available Upon Request
Where applicable, follow all Federal, State and Local regulations governing indoor air quality remediation. Refer to Material Safety Data prior to usage. Keep Material Safety Data available at all times during application.
Provide sufficient ventilation when using this product. Avoid venting any area where chemicals or coatings are used into occupied areas or ventilation systems. Clean equipment thoroughly with water following each usage. Avoid direct contact with hot surfaces. Wear safety, non-skid footwear.
Trial applications are suggested to determine product’s desirability and most effective coverage rate.
Stir thoroughly before each application. Seal containers tightly after each usage.
- Affected surfaces must be free from dirt, grease, mold, mildew, loose paint fragments, and any other surface contaminants or obstructions.
- Following specifications or manufacturer’s printed directions, surfaces contaminated with mold/mildew must be thoroughly cleaned with a anti-microbial disinfectant.
- MAR-T126 may be applied by airless spray, brush or roller. MAR-T126 is ready-to-use and should not be diluted with water or solvents.
- Patch or repair all substrates with material(s) designated by manufacturer such as patching compound, joint cement, block filler, etc.
- When brush or roller applied, use a criss cross pattern in two coats to eliminate voids. Achieve and maintain a smooth and even surface. When spray applied, apply in a criss cross pattern, using two coats especially on porous or uneven surfaces. Porous surfaces may necessitate rolling the treated substrate with a heavy-napped roller to desired finish.
MOLD RESISTANCE: ASTM D-3273-00
MAR-T has been evaluated for its resistance to the growth of mold in an environmental chamber. This test, conducted independently and in accordance with ASTM D-3273-00, covers the coating’s resistance to the growth of mold that might occur on its surface in a severe mold environment. The testing chamber was maintained at a constant 90° F and a relative humidity of 95% to 98%. Within the chamber are dirt boxes containing soil inoculated with the following known organisms: Aspergillus niger, Aspergilus oryzae, and an unknown species of Penicillum. After a period of four weeks, the MAR-T coated test samples were evaluated in accordance with ASTM-3274-95. Both MAR-T test samples were rated as follows:
|Fungal Resistance Performance Evaluation|
|MAR-T||Panel 1 Panel 2|
|Highest Possible Rating||10 10
No Mold Growth
MOLD RESISTANCE: ASTM D-5590-94
Sterile filter paper and sterile tongue depressors were coated with treated sample and allowed to air dry. The filter paper was then cut into one-inch square samples and placed onto individual agar plates. The sample and the surrounding agar were inocculated with 1.0 mL of a fungal spore suspension of Aspergillus niger. After gently rotating to distribute the inoculum evenly, the agar plates were incubated at 30°C for four weeks. Triplicate samples were tested. Data obtained from the test can be found in following table.
|Petri Dish Mold Test|
|MAR-T||Plate 1||Plate 2||Plate 3|
|Paper||0 nz||0 nz||0 nz|
|Tongue Depressor||0 nz||0 nz||0 nz|
|Highest Possible Ratings|
Product Information and Data
In accordance with OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.12 (Right to Know Law) a Material Safety Data Sheet is available for the product and all Vimasco products.